Brownville Concert Hall, Brownville, NE
Live music in an intimate setting. Eleven world-class musical performances from nationally acclaimed talent from New York cabaret Broadway, jazz, classical, bluegrass and rock. Season runs from March-December with performances Friday & Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. on select weekends. Tickets range from $19-$25.00. Look for more information under the performance date of individual performances or contact brownvilleconcertseries.com.
Barn Quilts in SE Nebraska
(Not all are on barns/metal buildings)
Turn off at I-29 Rockport. MO. Exit – west
1. SEE BROWNVILLE BROCHURE
Take HWY 136 west to Beatrice and see the following barn quilts along the way.
2. Double Wedding Ring – 175 3rd St, Tecumseh, NE
3. Unknown – 60726 724,75 Road, Crab Orchard, NE I’m not sure about this address)
4. International Harvester (?) – 609 Ave. 722 Road, Crab Orchard, NE
5. SEE BEATRICE BROCHURE
Take HWY 77 north out of Beatrice
6. Missouri Star – 1378 W. Chestnut, Pickrill, NE
Take HWY41 and go east
7. Carpenter’s Wheel – 9175 HWY41, Adams, NE
8. Nine Patch Square – 3180 S. 120th Rd, Adams, NE
9. Pinwheel – 2915 S. 120th, Adams, NE
Go to HWY50 and turn north
10. Early Riser – 2490 N Road, Syracuse, NE, Lorton Corner- HWY128, go west
11. Corn and Beans – 4554 H Road, Dunbar, NE HWY128 east to HWY67, go north. Just across HWY2
(Go ahead and go into the driveway a bit. It’s OK with them. Pete and Connie Kreifels)
12. Puzzle Star – 2341 H Road (HWY2), Unadilla, NE West of HWY2 & HWY50 by about 2-3 miles, on the right)
13. Continue north on HWY50, then go west on HWY34 to Elmwood
– 12+ barn quilts in the Elmwood/Murdock area. They are to have a new brochure done by around Sept. 18, but here is the website just for E/M that needs updating. www.embarnquilts.weebly.com/index.html
To continue on to Omaha, go east back to HWY50 and then go north into Omaha.
** The following is further west of HWY77 (next trip )
There are about 20 barn quilts in the town of Chester, NE on HWY81 at the KS border, as well as in the rest of Thayer Co. Fillmore Co is filled with barn quilts, (north of Chester on HWY81) www.visitfillmorecounty.org/barn-quilts
7:30 p.m. & 2:00 p.m.Brownville Concert Hall, Brownville, NE
Crooner Todd Murray will be producing the Christmas Show and bringing with him Broadway star Sally Wilfert (new to Brownville), and bringing back jazz singer Stacy Sullivan (KT’s sister). Also joining him is another new face and hot new Cabaret star Kristoffer Lowe. Add in Academy Award winning pianist Yasuhiko Fukuoko, and famed New York guitarist Troy Fanning for an unbeatable show. December 8th, and December 9th, 7:30 p.m. Concert and December 10th 2:00 p.m. Concert. For more information on the Brownville Concert Series contact www.brownvilleconcertseries.com.
Click the icon to get directions and locations!
Titles in Bold are linked to the appropriate venue’s website.
Auburn Inn Motel and RV Park | (402) 274-3143
Palmer House Motel | (402) 274-3193
The River Inn Resort | (402) 825-6441
Indian Cave State Park | 402-883-2575