Barn Quilts in SE Nebraska
(Not all are on barns/metal buildings)
Turn off at I-29 Rockport. MO. Exit – west
1. SEE BROWNVILLE BROCHURE
Take HWY 136 west to Beatrice and see the following barn quilts along the way.
2. Double Wedding Ring – 175 3rd St, Tecumseh, NE
3. Unknown – 60726 724,75 Road, Crab Orchard, NE I’m not sure about this address)
4. International Harvester (?) – 609 Ave. 722 Road, Crab Orchard, NE
5. SEE BEATRICE BROCHURE
Take HWY 77 north out of Beatrice
6. Missouri Star – 1378 W. Chestnut, Pickrill, NE
Take HWY41 and go east
7. Carpenter’s Wheel – 9175 HWY41, Adams, NE
8. Nine Patch Square – 3180 S. 120th Rd, Adams, NE
9. Pinwheel – 2915 S. 120th, Adams, NE
Go to HWY50 and turn north
10. Early Riser – 2490 N Road, Syracuse, NE, Lorton Corner- HWY128, go west
11. Corn and Beans – 4554 H Road, Dunbar, NE HWY128 east to HWY67, go north. Just across HWY2
(Go ahead and go into the driveway a bit. It’s OK with them. Pete and Connie Kreifels)
12. Puzzle Star – 2341 H Road (HWY2), Unadilla, NE West of HWY2 & HWY50 by about 2-3 miles, on the right)
13. Continue north on HWY50, then go west on HWY34 to Elmwood
– 12+ barn quilts in the Elmwood/Murdock area. They are to have a new brochure done by around Sept. 18, but here is the website just for E/M that needs updating. www.embarnquilts.weebly.com/index.html
To continue on to Omaha, go east back to HWY50 and then go north into Omaha.
** The following is further west of HWY77 (next trip )
There are about 20 barn quilts in the town of Chester, NE on HWY81 at the KS border, as well as in the rest of Thayer Co. Fillmore Co is filled with barn quilts, (north of Chester on HWY81) www.visitfillmorecounty.org/barn-quilts
Concert Hall, Brownville, NE
Brownville Concert Series 28th Great Season in 2018.
April 13, 14, 15 – Tammy McCann “Legendary Ladies of Jazz”.
May 11, 12, 13 – Carole J Buffort “Fearless Females of the 1960’s”.
June 8, 9, 10 – Jackie Allen “Sings Songs of Spring”.
July 6, 7, 8 – Billy Stritch “My Musical Heroes”.
August 10, 11, 12 – Josh Hoyer & Soul Colossal “Soul, Funk and R&B”.
September 9 – Antonio Trionfo “Classical Flute”.
October 5, 6, 7 – Matt Baker & The Trio “Autumn in New York”.
November 9, 10, 11 – The Talbott Brothers “Gray”.
December 7, 8, 9 – A Very Musical “Christine” Christmas.
For more information on dates, times and ticket prices contact: BrownvilleConcertSeries.com, or (402) 825-3331.
8:00am to 5:00pmVillage of Brownville, Nebraska
Free Admission – Open 8-5 Daily – Over 260 Flea Market Dealers.
Every year since 1957, thousands of visitors have flocked to Brownville to find treasures of all sorts, and to enjoy a day or two in this historic village that is home to the Brownville Historical Society. Regardless of whether you attend the Spring or Fall market, you’ll find antiques, plants, food, home spun items, tools, art, furniture and more…whatever our vendors find they are proud to bring to you. If you’d like to stay over night, be sure and make reservations early at one of Brownville’s B & B’s.
Contact BrownvilleHistoricalSociety.org or (402) 825-6001 for more information. To participate call (402) 499-9223.
For more information contact facebook.com/perucoc/
Friday NightsWhiskey Run Creek Winery, Brownville, NE
WRC Friday Night – “Live Music”
Contact WhiskeyRunCreek.com for more information.
7:30 pmBrownville Village Theatre, 222 Water Street, Brownville, Nebraska
Contact the Theatre at (402) 825-4121 or BrownvilleVillageTheatre.com for performance information and ticket costs.
Click the icon to get directions and locations!
Titles in Bold are linked to the appropriate venue’s website.
Auburn Inn Motel and RV Park | (402) 274-3143
Palmer House Motel | (402) 274-3193
The River Inn Resort | (402) 825-6441
Indian Cave State Park | 402-883-2575